Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The other story of the footprints in the sand.

I have read so many great devotionals regarding Thanking God
this time of year.  So many of them make me stop and say
a very heartfelt thanksgiving.

I look back over the years in my life, I see very little of the "lost
and with out Christ" years.  I was led to the Lord by my mother
in our laundry room of our home when I was 6 years old.  I
absolutely knew what I was doing.  I didn't have a list of
horrible things I had done.  I did know I loved Jesus, he loved
me, I knew I was a sinner and under no circumstances did I
 want to miss out on a relationship with Him.

I can remember my fire for the Lord at that young age.
I loved our church and prayed for all those in it.  I wanted
to have jewels in my crown from leading others to the Lord.  I
really wanted my Father in Heaven to be pleased and
proud of me.  I served Him and loved Him with all
my tiny heart.

Then, life seemed to happen.  I think Satan saw my weak
places in the armor I had crafted.  I, at some point became lost
in all that was going on around me.  I began reaching for what
made me feel good, safe, accepted.  I held on to Christianity
with one hand and the other I kept outstretched to the world.
I know with out a shadow of a doubt that the choices I
made on how to deal with life,  how to feel about my
circumstances left a door wide open for Satan to attack.

I became a "lost" Christian.  I began to shut doors in my heart
that at one time Christ had walked freely in and
out of.   Some of my trials were brought on from the
wickedness of sin in the world and some from my uncanny
ability to try to squirm around Gods will to get what I
thought he would want me to have. 


Can you in vision the story of the "footprints in the sand".  How
God carried that man when the man felt God had totally
abandoned him.  Well, that was not me.  Picture this, I am
running in the sand and Gods will is in hot pursuit as I try
to run, screaming " I can do this myself".

At the end of that beach I was utterly left with nothing. 
A broken soul and broken person. 

I am so thankful for Gods grace that I could never explain
or put into words the way He has restored me.  There are
scars that will always be noticeable.  My life, I am sure,
looks quite different than what it possibly could have.  At times
the reality of that leaves me in tears.  That once again
God wipes away.

I have more than I need.  I have a beautiful child.  A husband
who works so hard to keep us well and happy.  But more
important than all these marvelous things.  I have the
knowledge and understanding that when life is hard, when
things aren't what I want them to be, I can curl up with God
and His word.  I can reach for love, joy, peace through the
Father.  I can be renewed and uplifted spiritually by diving
into His word and through fellowship of other believers. 
Even more exciting than even that is that I can uplift and
encourage other Christians and lead unbelievers to Jesus. 
Really, what more could I ask for.

Give thanks this week!   If you find yourself in a dark place,
repent.  If you don't know what is going on and you feel "lost",
cry out to the Lord.  Ask Him to show you His way.  Open some
of those closed doors in your soul.  If you don't know how, ask
Him how.  Guess what?   He will answer.  He will show Himself
to you.  There may be a lot of work to be done.  But guess what?
He'll stand with you, work through others and yourself, He
will restore you. 


Lord I give thanks to you and your undying love!

2 comments:

Lara G Williams said...

Thank you Lord for precious sister-friends walking beside me with encouraging words. Blessing!

Unknown said...

I am thankful to know you and to call you my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...