Monday, December 24, 2012

How Can I Forget


How can I forget, that face so pure and small.
How can I forget, that heart so tiny yet so full of love.

As earths troubles and wars and senseless deeds fill my heart with fear, how can I forget that tiny ray of hope that brought salvation here.

How can I forget, that feeling of utter thanksgiving.
How can I forget, the peace I felt from my new beginning.

As life's issues and problems threaten to pull me under and rake me over, how can I forget that tiny bundle and His promise to deliver.

How can I forget, the blackest low and my darkest nights.
How can I forget, the truth that brought me back from death to life.

When I wage my war on pain and regret and set my mind to His Love and power,  I grasp onto that tiny manger and watch His blessings shower.

How can I forget, the peace and harmony my heart feels.
How can I forget, That one child, came, gave and heals.

Don't stop celebrating!  Don't stop giving!  Do stop the worry.  Do stop that empty feeling.  All He did was as if, for only one.  That tiny baby and His gift will give the only hope and life when all the tinsel is down and all the presents are done.

How can we forget, when blessings and warmth abound.
We can never forget, if we praise God and spread His gift around.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...