Wednesday, December 22, 2010


The Other Christmas Tree


Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, a different meaning you were to be.
Looking from a manger, to Golgotha's hill.   All to work Gods perfect will.

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, you are so very dear to me.
No branches, no gifts, no canes. There was only wood.  There was only pain.


Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, only the Son of God I see.
Bruised and battered.  In love he's there.  How true this love, so perfect so rare.


Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, only crying women at your feet I see.
They loved Him so, as I love Him now.  At His feet in praise and worship
I will forever bow.


Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, holding my savior in brutality.
He knew my shame, he felt my sin.  Now I can hold His spirit
deep within.


Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, the gift you bore I do receive.
So flawed, worthless, sinful with out Him am I, so thankful he came as a babe
and for me did die.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...