Wednesday, April 6, 2011



"We should learn but we should also feel closer"

I will be the first to say that my memory is not usually an asset to me.
I would love to say that it is Mommy Brain but alas that is just me.
(I can see my poor mother smiling right now)

When I sit down to look into God's word I often pray that something
will stay retained in this brain of mine.  I have learned some tricks. 

While reading the word - read out loud
Reread all passages more than twice.
Those are just a couple.

I have learned a lot and God has granted me my request of
preserving facts in this mind of mine.

But almost more importantly than the memorization of facts is
the closeness I feel to Him as I sit and read out loud His
perfect word.  There is a lifting of my spirit and a brightness
that no part of my day or bad days can snatch away.

This is true and real.  Even if you are not a great retainer,
like me.  Read for the closeness as well.  Read out
loud and feel the power of God's love move your
heart and mind into a better place.  A place of truth, power,
affirmation and warmth.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I do the same thing. I have to read out loud and write everything down when someone is teaching to retain it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...