Friday, April 8, 2011



"From Bondage to Freedom"

So many years can be lost because we don't have the
freedom of spirit to just be ourselves and live.  For many years in  life we can
feel bound.  Tightly bound.  Unable to laugh freely, to spread love
to another person, some days enraged, other days
paralyzed.  We can be afraid, angry, resentful of others around us,
unforgiving or just plan dogged by depression.

I felt at times, left out by friends, I felt overly critical to others,
I was always on guard.  I was not able or capable of being
the strong positive thriving, glorifying God, women that
He had created me to be.

I decided to tell the truth about myself to someone.
I pretty much admitted what I actually was.  I admitted I often
screw things up.  I admitted that I was a sinning machine on
some days and on others I seemed to sin with out even realizing it.
I admitted that some days I felt condemnation so strongly that I
could not move forward in my spiritual journey.
I admitted that some days I felt these ropes so strongly that I was
ineffective to the world around me.  I admitted that I was wasting
years under this bondage.

Guess what was said back to me?

I know this, but honestly realizing sin, wanting to turn from it, then letting
 me inside all those dark places of your heart means my freedom for you!
You can not live the life you were meant to with out giving all this to me!
Give all that binds you, all that holds your spirit back from
soaring, all the regret, all the sin.  Just hand it to me!

Guess what I did?!?

I handed it over.  I began to feel freedom for the first time.  The bonds
that once held my spirit and soul down were loosened and I
was free.  God's power and love and expectation that
I COULD be better began working its way through my heart and
soul.

I wish I could say that from then on I never struggled from time
to time with hurt feelings, being critical, depressed moods. 
But they have never owned me again!!  God showed me
how to find Him in those moments.

Freedom!  True freedom!  Freedom to love.  Freedom to
get caught up in laughter at myself.  Freedom to let another
struggling friend know I too am flawed but forgiven.  Freedom
to feel strong.  Freedom to walk the walk God intended me to.
With out Gods power, with out this freedom I could
never do what He insists that I do.

Draw others to Him.  Glorify Him.  Stand Firm for
Him.  Love totally, which means loving that person who
just hurt your feelings, or who tries to keep you bond. 
Realizing the hard days are not to paralyze you but
to make you stronger.

All this can not be accomplished with out the Freedom He
promises. 

II Corinthian 3:17b  "...Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Freedom"


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...