Friday, July 8, 2011

Grace Again and Again



Grace Again and Again

I love an analogy I heard the other day.  The
point was, if your child was in desperate need of your help from
a bully, would you stop to see if they had done their chores before
you decided you would help?

(Matthew 7:9&11b)
Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!


It opened my eyes a little more to God's grace.  It has
taken me a lifetime to understand His grace.  I am still
trying to understand.  I am still amazed when He moves
in my life, when I feel I am either unworthy or my lack of
faith would never bring it to pass.

(I Chronicles 5:20)
 He answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him.

I don't deserve for God to answer my prayers.  I can never deserve
His love for me.  Grace allows His love. Because of God's
grace we are given a chance to pray.  To ask. To have
a friend that sticks closer than a brother.


2 Cor 1:10
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril,
and He will deliver us again. On Him we have set our hope that He
will continue to deliver us.

I am in need daily of God's presence, His grace, His
understanding of my life.  Because of this realization
I am hungry for His word.  I am only completely
satisfied by His love and companionship.




I deserve nothing and yet you gave yourself to me.
I needed help, you showed your power and all could see.


I prayed for your guidance and you showed me the way.
I asked for intervention and you gave me help today.


 I searched your word for comfort and found relief.
I wait not so patiently for you to answer my plea.



How can I convey the sense of realization you give?
How can I ever move from your light and my own life live?


How can they know your power and strength?
How can I not know you will be with me through this life's length?



I throw myself down at your throne of grace.
I will leave my burdens my prayers, again at this place.


God you hear me each and every time I cry.
God you have delivered this child from life's cruel fire.

Thank you for dying, for eternal life,  for setting me free.
Thank you for knowing and yet still loving me.



 














 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...