Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"The Who and What"



"The Who and What"


The who I was, the what I was, no longer reigns.
The who I will be and what I can do is where I set my gaze.

I am accountable for more than I could ever achieve.
But the Lord of this universe, lives, guides and loves me.

Lord with your tender hand, lift this sometimes weary face.
Redeemer, friend, Lord, Savior, God full of Grace.

I have only this one life to glorify and guide others to you.
Love, discipline, drag me through.  Take the 'what I was' and make it new.

All that sparks my soul with love and goodness is from above.
Every part of the good in life is your doing, my Father full of love.

Teach me today, show me some way, to find a soul without hope.
Give opportunity, to show someone in need that you are in control.

All our hopes, our dreams of peace lie desperately in your hands.
My God of grace and perfectness, take me, my life you command.

The 'who I was', the 'what I was', no longer reigns.
The who I will be and what I can do is where I set my gaze.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...