Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ahh Pinterest ...




We have recently discovered Pinterest, like the rest of the world.  I enjoy stealing other people's cool ideas. Its fun, right?  I actually have used a ton of ideas off this interesting site.  As I scan through the pictures my five year old watches intently and helps me decide what is interesting enough to pin.  Chicken recipes are not her favorite but the cute crocheted hat or ideas for games and crafts have definitely been pinned more times than not.

Partly out of curiosity, partly out of wanting her to stop all the pointing and leaning over my shoulder, back chair driving she is doing when I am pinning away, I gave her her own board to pin things to.  We go right to "Kids" and as I am scurrying around the kitchen preparing dinner or cleaning up from dinner she pins away.

It is fun to see where our children's interest lies without much input from us.  If you were to look on her board you will see of mix of love for boyish types of toys and forts.  You will also see some girly things and a love for fun colors and ideas.

At the end of the day... after all is said and done, if you were to put the world in front of your child, what would they choose to pin on their mind and heart's board?  Does God and Christ's love fall into their interests at all?  If left alone would they choose to Pin God on one of their boards along with other growing, learning and fun things?

Choose to present God to them daily!  Not only in passing but a special time to set apart to learn and grow with God.  Make it a huge option of interest.  There are a lot of days after our little devotion time I really wonder, "Is this sinking in at all?"  "Will she remember and pull from her memory what we talked about today"?  Then I cling to God's promise that His word doesn't return void or worthless.

Our little ones pick up all kinds of interests that they tuck away in their little Pinterest minds.  Be sure you have a giant catorgory set aside for Godly things that they can ready pin to their little boards of importance.




Why I think what I think:
Ephesians 6:4
Proverbs 22:6
Deuteronomy 6:7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...