Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wearing Millstones




"Wearing Millstones?"


Some days I have one too many things on my plate. 
The nursing home is calling. Ethel has fallen. The Show Some Love service
project needs my attention. My daughter and husband are both veighing for
 my attention at the same time.  My homework for Bible Study is still
waiting on me.  There is a flood of water outside my downstairs bathroom.  
My daughter just decorated her playroom with black paint and piles and
piles of glitter.  My parents are hurting because I never get to see them. 
I am missing my family so much that my heart is having a hard time
praising.  One sweet well meaning friend asked if Spell check was not
working on the blog because 15 words were misspelled  Now
everyone knows I can't spell.  My husband wants to construct a ten foot
high pergola and I am afraid to stand on a kitchen chair because I am afraid
of heights. I have seven ideas for my blog and none are panning out. 
 My daughter is acting like she is already a teenager, with those hands
on the hips.  My daughter just repeated a swear word and I wish I could
say she heard from a little friend of hers.  I am struggling with my husband
and my spiritual relationship  because the realization that he really
 may not know the Lord, just smacked me in the face.

This list could go on and on....

Meanwhile.. how is my attitude?  What is my child seeing?  How
am I living out these everyday struggles in front of her?  By my words
and actions, how am I raising her?

The Word doesn't always address the woes of mommy hood.  Not in
in so many words.  It does give clear instruction on how our little ones
should be led  and the consequences of not leading or leading them
in the wrong direction.

Matthew 18: 6
 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,
it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck
and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Matthew 18:10
 “See that you do not look down on one of these little ones.
For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my
Father in heaven."

Think of Eli and his wicked sons. " I (God) told him that I would judge
his family forever because of the sin he knew about ... He failed to
restrain them." 

After all Eli had done in bringing Samuel up in the House of the Lord
Eli was punished because the word says he knew of his sons sins and
did nothing. 

Ephesians 6:4
 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead,
 bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

No matter what is going on around me my most important
task is to raise my daughter correctly.  I hated the expression
"Children are so resilient".  Meaning "Oh they'll be fine pretty
much no matter what"  I think this is a lie the devil started.  Hurt
a child when they are young and it will leave scares that will
last their whole lives.  Teach a child it is all about them and they
will struggle with generosity their whole lives.  Let them see your
anger out of control and unapologetic and they will fight against
the whole world and never realize why they don't have peace.

BUT...
God promises that if you teach them Godly living, if you show them
Godly living they will have a stronghold that they will be a million
times more likely to live in and under the protection of, then if
you do not.  Show them you love Jesus and they may too.
Let them see you studying from your Bible daily and they
will remember it for a lifetime. (Worked for my mom)

Isaiah 55:11
 So is My word that goes out from My mouth; It will not
return to me empty (or void).

What an awesome promiseIt Will Not Return Void.

So many nights I have to be in prayer for help and forgiveness
realizing I didn't do the job I wanted to for my daughter. 
God also promises that if you look to Him for the
answers He will show you them.



My nerves get stretched some days I need a break.
I think when is bedtime?  I can not wait!

God is whispering simple truths  but do I hear?
Is the call on mommy a million times deafening my ear.

God help me see through the mess some days.
let me see you are my "break" in so many ways.

When struggles seem an every day thing.
Help me on your truths to cling.

Calming The whirlwind of my life is not my goal.
Loving, guiding our lives it is, being under your control.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK-YOU for such honesty, it is so refreshing! We all struggle so much it is just nice to vent once in a while with no judgement or criticism. God will see us through but sometimes we just feel like saying, "Remember me, I need a little help down here." Excellent blog! Love ya girl, Barbara Collins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...