Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"What am I doing?"





What Am I doing?




"And whatever I do today Lord, keep it in the forefront of my mind, that
what I do is for your kingdom.  All I do, I do as a servant for you.  I am only
to carry out your law to love as you have loved and be obedient to your will."



So often I am over shadowed with doubt.  It can follow me on this blog and
in my path of life. As a mother, daughter, sister, friend and wife.
 I doubt relevance and need.  I doubt I am doing His will.
Is my life about HIM or is it really about ME?

I so want to be used.  I have prayed prayers full of tears.  I have
felt at times, left behind in this Kingdom Building! I have seen women with less
years into this journey so far from where I am, they nearly have one foot
in the kingdom already.  I want to be a craftsman.  I want to empower those
around me.  I want to do something that can only last into the
kingdom of Heaven.

The truth is there are a few things that can keep us from Kingdom
Building.


DISOBEDIENCE and lack of LOVE are two.



John 15:10
"If you keep my commands you will remain in My love."


We as mothers (and some fathers) know what capacity we have to love
our children.  What could we do for God if we love Him and others with
that LOVE pouring from our hearts?  We could certainly do great things
for God.


1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest
 of these is love.


Colossians 3:14
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them
all together in perfect unity.


Psalm 119:33-36
Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end
Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with
all my heart.  Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I  find delight. 
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.



These are great verses to keep my heart where it needs
to be pointing - towards the Kingdom.  Towards obedience. Towards Love. 
Ultimately towards my God and Savior.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...