Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Freebies





My Freebies


I love flowers.  Absolutely love working in the dirt and watching something
peek out from under the earth and become colorful and beautiful every spring. 
My grandmother had gardens so beautiful that you almost expected them
to be in magazines.

Living in so many different states its hard to know what will thrive and grow in
this clay soil and hot weather.  We are learning as we go. 

We don't usually spend a ton of money on the plants we have or want. One
afternoon my sweet husband brought home two beautiful topiary rose bushes. 
They were on sale so it was a good buy.  I had been wanting them for months. 
 Envying anyone who had one and wishing they could be mine. 
And in my ever so sweet way, begging for them.

Lets just say "I have no idea how to keep rose topiary trees alive and vibrant.
Before you start thinking of ways to advise, just hang with me one moment.






Lets just say they didn't exactly thrive.



Then one day I went out front to tend to my purchased flowers I noticed
my Freebies.  They came up last year and to my excitement they came
back this year.  I have no idea where they came from.  I never bought or
planted them.  Never laid seeds in the earth to see them grow. 
They are truly my Freebies.




They are my favorite flowers! 


I say all that to say this; God's provision is perfect.  In all the hours we spend
wanting, needing, and manipulating our lives to make them work the way we want
them to, we may be missing the Freebies that are planted right at our
doorstep.  Ask God to soften your heart.  I promise that when you lose
the expectations of wants and needs, God will show you a small, colorful
demonstration of real joy and you will be overcome with thanksgiving.
After all, the most precious gift of all, was a free one.



Ephisians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from
yourselves, it is the gift of God



Romans 8:32
He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–
how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...