Sunday, September 11, 2011

Closing the day on the 9/11 anniversary...

Closing the day on the 9/11 anniversary.


I leave behind a day filled with memories and emotions.  I say good night to a country  who has spent its day, in homes, in memorials around the nation, in churches, remembering a tragic day with tears, with thanksgiving, with praise of those who helped and gave there lives to save others.

As I look over my shoulder and wave goodbye to today, a humble smile of gratitude comes across my lips.  In the aftermath of destruction is a spirit of thankfulness.  Thankful that so many Americans spent there day lifting their neighbors and friends in prayer.  Thankful that I live in a country that, even though often unfashionable, I am able to pray and say God Bless America.  Thankful that other attempts to hurt this "One Nation Under God" would not to come to pass.  I will keep the unsettled feeling of anticipation in check as I wonder what plans our enemy's have for us.  And as guilty as I feel to entertain such thoughts, I am thankful that we are not the many countries in our World, suffering and being tortured daily at the hands of cruel dictators, hearing and seeing bombs as a constant reminder of unrest, or in lands where there is little or no food for our sweet babies.  Though I know there are those that do suffer here in America because of poverty, these pains are not ones most of us have ever had to feel. I thank only God for that.   We absolutely live in abundance.  We have so very much to be thankful for.  I have so very much to be thankful for.

My prayer is that God will continue to bless America, even though we don't always deserve it. That God will continue to not let His children endure more than what He can see us through.  Love and peace to anyone who reads this meager, simple attempt to display my feelings after such an emotional day for our Country.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...