Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Revived Abundant Life






In my spiritual  immaturity I forgot the struggle against sin and I forgot patience.  I rushed into events that would forever change my future.

In my present I still forget patience, struggle with sin and rush and then change the path of my future.

Now that I am redeemed… when I forget struggles, patience and rush and change, I realize so have many founders of our faith.  Moses did  (more than once) so did Abraham, Samson ect.    Their life lines and the events in their lives drastically changed.  Years of more training were necessary.  Pain also infiltrated the lives of those they loved.  Yet…  God did amazing things through these men.

This does not excuse my impatience and/or lack of faith.  What I have learned is this.  We are no better or no worse than these Godly men.  God is no respecter of people. Even Paul told of his struggle against sin.  Paul went straight to God with a repentant heart.  He took his disgust over his sin and turned it completely over.

When we realize the consequence of our impatience, we should not roll around in disgust, in sadness, in foreboding.   Repent, realizing we will have to walk down this path we have chosen.  Then, remember God loves us the same as before.  Our future may be altered BUT His power through our future obedience can do miraculous things.  A repentant heart is key here! His grace allows a positive, rewarding, Kingdom building, abundant life.

Repent, grow and move on down this road.  God is never surprised at our mistakes. He wants an abundant life for all of us.  Not an easy one.  Not a perfect one.  Not one with out heartache… but His word is filled with verse after verse of His promises.  His promises of joy are not stripped away because we jump out of His will for a moment or a season. (Hard for my past legalistic mind to grasp)

He can take the darkest of paths and shine a light so bright that we will be inspired to make the right decision the next time one is presented.


  

Paul’s struggle
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me” (Romans 7:18-20). 

Partiality
“Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality”  Acts 10:34

Gods delights and Gods abundance
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11

let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,” says the LORD.” Jeremiah 9:24

“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 6:14


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...